Friday, November 7, 2008

Thankful Number 7

I am thankful for a creative mind. I had to put together three centerpieces for a dinner party that is happening tomorrow night. I had a general idea about what I wanted. It is an autumn themed gala and the gathering room is huge, so I knew I needed height. I also knew that I could use these really cool pokey seed-pod things that fall from our giant maple tree in the front yard.

Thankfully, Michael's is having 70% off most of their fall decor and flowers (if you can call them that, they are more like sticks and straw). Thankfully, I had my dear friend, Susan to help me and be my second set of hands and eyes (she is *amazing* and doesn't know it). I had the vases in my stash and we arranged the stick/straw in those, filled the tops with acorn mix from Michael's, used 12 x 12 scrapbook paper, pokey seed-pods, gourds, bird nest floral decoration and of course, it doesn't hurt to have some fall-colored chocolate scattered about. I love to do most things creative, from centerpieces to sewing...from handmade cards to knit hats. I am so thankful for the little string of creativity that Heavenly Father has strung around my brain. Let it always remain unfrazzled!

1 comment:

TM CLAN said...

I missed this one somehow! You are so amazingly talented and creative. The world is blessed, I am blessed with people like you.