Tuesday, February 10, 2009

All Aboard!



Another successful Redondo 1st Ward Activity! We hosted a "Loveboat Cruise" for our activity last Saturday night. Preparations involved giant porthole painting and scanning hundreds of stock photos for 'old school' cruise photos for advertising. We had tasty appetizers of vegetable platter/ranch, hummus/pita and chip/salsa/guacamole. The food was "international," ranging from spicy enchaladas to cheesy lasagnas and creamy stroganoffs. Salads, warm fresh bread and punch were served as well. Our new Bishopric put together a great video to honor the previous Bishopric, we had a karaoke contest and limbo and there was also a Valentine decorating table. The soundtrack included The Banana Boat Song (think Beetlejuice 'Deo'), The Girl from Ipanema, Copa Cabana, Loveboat theme and more! If you are looking for a very fun activity, I highly recommend this. Resort attire required!!! (Check out my lovely "leisure suit" or is it a prison jumper? HA!)

5 comments:

TM CLAN said...

Super creative! I'm so sad I missed it.

Karina said...

Looks like you've had lot's of fun at the church. What a creative and fun idea!

Joanne said...

Love it too cute!

sara said...

how fun...love the leisure suit...so appropriate!

Lee Anne said...

That looks like so much fun. We had a Valentine's party for our ward as well and played a couples game that was so funny I cried my makeup off. I also love the pinewood derby pics. We are just starting the whole scouting thing. Not quite sure how I feel about it but trying to have a positive attitude!