Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Women

"There was a closeness among women...I was learning that when women liked each other the way Mom and Cousin Hazel did, they formed a bond that was different from what either one had with her husband. It didn't mean Mom was disloyal to Dad for being that tight with women. That closeness was in addition to what she had with Dad. He would always be the center of her world, but her women friends eased her life."

Excerpt from Tallgrass
by Sandra Dallas


I am thankful for all of my wonderful women friends. I recognize their great worth and I am eternally indebted to many of them for listening ears and comfortable shoulders to lean on. God bless each one of you with all the things you need, some of the things you want and healthy bodies to take you to the store to get all of it.

1 comment:

sara said...

love that excerpt...so true...it is nice to know a great woman like you.